Saturday, May 7, 2011

Way Before

        When I was about four my family and I went to Chicago for my sisters eighth birthday.  We stayed in this really nice hotel and went everywhere, so of course i wanted to have the same experience except in Disney World.  So when we got home I told my mom that for my birth day I wanted to go to Disney.  Of course we could not go when I was five years old so my mom said I could go when I was eight years old.   I was a little disappointed but I new that I could wait.  Every year on my birth day I would remind my mom that I was one year closer to my birthday.  When I turned seven I was so ready to turn eight because I new that in one year I would get to meet Mickey Mouse and that is one of the only reasons that I really wanted to go to Disney. Finally I turned eight, I was so excited, then something happened.
        My dad lost his job so my parents had to come and tell me that I couldn't go to Disney World.  I was really sad I had waited sense I was four years old and then all of a sudden I couldn't go.  To this day my mom still says that telling me that I couldn't go to Disney was one of the hardest things to tell me.  So I started saving money I took a jar from our basement and stuck it in my dresser and any time I would find money on the ground I would pick it up and put it in that jar.  I never told anyone about it until I was ten years old.  My mom was surprised and proud of me that I had taken the initiative to save money for something that I wanted bad.  The money in the jar didn't have a lot in it but I was proud.  I still didn't get to go to Disney but I was starting to think that I would be perfectly fine with not going.  Never the less every year my birthday wish had been to be able to go to Disney World.  One day during this year my parents asked "If we won the lottery what would you do with the money?"  I said i would want to go to Disney world.  My parents just smiled and nodded.  Little did I know that they had booked the trip to go to Disney.    

No comments:

Post a Comment